The following partnership activities are on-going or have been accomplished
as part of the Interactive Workspace are activities.
Basic lab activities for 2001
The basic activities will contribute to several of the projects associated with
the Interactive Workspace lab.
- Development of large modular 3D Wall supporting multiple concurrent users
- Development of mediaspace technology to be integrated with 3D walls and tables
- Development of stereo wall and interaction techniques
- Development of infrastructure and prototypes for mobile workspaces
- Intelligent Building technology investigations for the IT-City of Katrinebjerg,
results of initial investigation presented at the Nordic Conference on Architecture
and IT, Aarhus School of Architecture, April 29.
- Participation in The Future home network under Nordic Interactive.
- Course on User Interfaces for Mobile Devices (given by Guest professors Jock
Mackinlay and Polle Zellweger).
- Development of a new education in eDesign in collaboration with the Aarhus
School of Architecture.
PhD and Master thesis projects
- PhD Project (Jannie Friis-Kristensen), AU, on the Future Interactive Workplace
seen in an organizational perspective.
- PhD project (Tina-Henriette Kristiansen), AAA, on Augmented Reality seen in
and Architectural perspective.
- Master Thesis project (Ernest Holm-Svendsen) on the theory of Augmented Reality
(delivered November 2000)
- Master Thesis project (Anders Brodersen and Michael Bang Nielsen) on Image
Based rendering, the goal is to include physical objects in virtual environments
based on 3D models generated and rendered from pictures.
- Master Thesis project (Peter Posselt Vestergaard) on Spatial Computing in
the field (location based mobile computing).
- Master Thesis project (Astrid Søndergård) Mobile content and
services for loosely coupled workgroups.
- Master Thesis project (Mads Villadsen) Spatial Hypermedia on the WWW.
- Mediaspace development for distributed education related to the Distributed Education Demonstrator
of the DMM project, www.intermedia.au.dk/dmm
- The Netfusion project proposal for establishing a research group on augmented
reality. This project will build demonstrators for Public School buildings.